A property of type record list allows you to store and edit data in a spreadsheet-like format. A record list could store information such as:
- A list of people;
- A list of items for sale.
this kind of property can be used in process forms or in a widget of type “Records”.
How to create a record list
- Access the process editor;
- In the form editor, click on the plus icon;
- In the properties tab, click on the “New” button;
- In the “New Property” tab, type in the property name and then select “Record list” as the property type;
- While still in the “New Property” tab, click on the “Add Column” button;
- In the “New Column” tab, type in the column name and type, then click on “Confirm”;
- Add as many columns as you want, there is no limitation related to the number of columns;
- Confirm the “New Column” tab. You should note that the column was added to the “New Property” tab. Confirm again and notice that the record list was added to the process form.
As soon as the property is created, the interface should direct you to the form editor. To review the form layout follow the steps:
- Select the property and click on the ‘…’ icon on the top left of it;
- Click on “Configure form”;
- In the newly opened tab adjust the layout as needed.
Whenever a new column is added it is automatically added to all new forms, but for all forms already filled in the new column will be empty.
Allowing adding, editing and removing records
It is possible to adjust authorization for the different operations related to record lists, such as:
- Adding records;
- Editing records;
- Removing records.
Required record lists
When we check the “Required” checkbox for a record list this mens that it is only possible to proceed to the next task if the record list has at least a record. You can also specify which columns are required for the records.
Viewing a record list contents
In any work item, it is possible to view a read only version of all record lists used previously by clicking on the “+info” icon.