You can create a custom data store to maintain a entry list. Also, the entry list can be used as a data source of items in a combo box field when you automate your business processes.
First, create a new page, then add a new widget:
- Access any workspace page using an Administrator account.
- Click on the gear icon at the top side.
- In the new page, click on the plus sign to add a new widget.
- In the widget selection dialog, select “Records” and then click “Confirm.”
Now, we need to configure its data source.
- Hover over the widget, and click on the pencil icon to edit its properties.
- In the configuration dialog, access the “Data” tab.
- In the Data tab, click on the plus icon to add a new data source a.k.a entity.
- In the new Entity Tab, enter the “Entity Name” and the “Description.”
Now you have to add columns to your record list. Repeat the procedure below for each new column.
- In the Data Tab, click on “Add property.”
- In the new Property tab, enter the property name and the property type. Then, click “Confirm” to add the property.
After including all columns, select one of them to represent the record when it is used as the data source of a drop down list. We call this “Textual representation.”
The final step is to review the entry form list:
- Access the “General” tab, then click on “Configure the Edit Form.”
- In the “Set up Widget” tab, review the layout. Here you can add or remove properties, and change its position.
At this point, the new entry form is ready for usage, and you will be able to add, remove, and edit records.
When you create a new page, it’s automatically added to the Administrator and User roles. Also, you can create a custom role, and in this case, you have to insert the new page to these new roles. Read How to create roles for pages and processes authorisation.
Using entry lists on business process automation
You can use your entry list to feed items of fields of the type combo box.
- Open your business process in the process editor.
- Select the form or create a new form. See how to create a form.
- Open the form editor.
- On the form editor, click on the plus icon at the top right side of the dialog.
- On the properties dialog, click “New.”
- On the new property dialog, enter the name, select the type “Records,” and choose the name of your entry list.